Nearly every household will have washing machines to clean their everyday dirty laundry, due to long period used (1 to 2 years) this machine will grow with all bacteria and molds without knowing by the user. Most of the users will not know their current machine condition and hygienic level of their machine. Malaysia is among the countries in the world with the highest humidity (< 80%) all year round. Therefore inside washing machine is a great place for bacteria grows at temperature 30 to 40degree with high humidity.
Problems encountered by most of the user is
- Molds grow on dry cloth.
- Dirt Stain -Black spot stick-on cloth after laundry.
- Odor - Cloth get smelly easily.
- Skin allergy – All kinds of skin problem especially young children and the elderly due to Bacteria.
- Serious Sickness – Low immune elderly and children due to E.coli (Pneumonia and respiratory illness, fever…..Etc)
- Vaginal inflammation (colpomycosis) especially to females.
* Dr. Phillip Tierno, Microbiology Professor at NYU School of Medicine
* John R. Dean, PhD, is Professor of Analytical and Environmental Sciences